Process Challenge Devices - Steam
The chemical indicators and device together form a Type 2 indicator system according to EN ISO 11140-1.
The patented devices consist of an external highly durable case containing an internal stainless-steel tube/helix connected to a capsule that holds the indicator. Due to the high durability of the materials the devices can be used for several thousand applications saving you money and limiting environmental waste.
Which device is right for me?
The Orange PCD’s are available in two designs:
- Round version with a stainless-steel bracket –suitable for use in large steam sterilisers. The PCD can be hung vertically on a rack or placed horizontally on the bracket.
- Oval version – suitable for use in benchtop sterilisers. The PCD can be placed horizontally on the flat side of the device.
(Process Challenge Devices – Small Steam Sterilisers)
The EN 867-5 Standard describes Process Challenge Devices (PCDs) for use in checking steriliser performance. Use of a PCD proves whether a steriliser fulfills the standard specification.
The gke PCDs are used for routine monitoring of steam sterilisation processes in each cycle to detect insufficient air removal, leaks and/or non-condensable gases (NCG) in steam.
The Orange PCD is a hollow load test according to EN 867-5 which is designed to monitor steam penetration at the most difficult positions inside the load. The device simulates the penetration characteristics of complex hollow, minimal invasive surgical (MIS) instruments, tubes and solid instruments as well as porous loads.
- In large steam sterilisers – The gke Orange PCD is used for routine monitoring of steam sterilisation processes in each cycle to detect insufficient air removal, leaks and/or non-condensable gases (NCG) in steam (in accordance with ISO 17665-1:2006).
- In small steam sterilisers – The gke Orange PCD is used for both the Daily Air Removal and Steam Penetration Test (In accordance with AS/NZS 4815:2006) as well as for routine monitoring. For more information on the use of this device in small steam sterilisers, click here.
- Easy interpretation of the results due to a precise colour change
- The graduated colour change of the indicator provides information about the magnitude of air removal and steam penetration inside the steriliser and non-condensable gases in the steam
- Cost effective due to high durability of device, no need to replace the device after a limited number of cycles
- Less storage space required for the products in the CSSD
- Adhesive backing for ease of documentation of results
- Limited environmental waste due to the durability of the device and size of the indicator
|F200-021||Compact PCD – Orange, Round||1|
|F200-026||Compact PCD – Orange, Oval||1|
|F211-252||Batch Monitoring System Indicator Strips (Steam)||250|
|F211-255||Batch Monitoring System Indicator Strips (Steam)||500|
|F211-212||Batch Monitoring System Indicator Strips, (Steam) Prion (SV = 18 minutes, 134ºC)||250|
Declarations of Conformity and Product Directions for Use can be supplied upon request.